Ask 20 different companies what their electronic waste recycling policy is and you’ll get 20 different ideas. Ask 20 different e-waste recyclers how they handle recycling IT assets and you’ll get several different processes. You can never be sure your electronic waste is being responsibly, securely recycled unless you work with an R2 certified recycling company like SMS Assembly.
As a certified R2 recycler, SMS is committed to keeping toxic materials out of the environment and landfills by reusing and recycling as many components of your used IT assets as possible. R2 recycling standards make certain very little, if any, e-waste is disposed of in landfills.
IT asset recyclers who don’t adhere to R2 standards could dispose of e-waste as they see fit under federal or state regulations, which could include landfills, shipping overseas, incinerators, etc. Plus, there’s no guarantee that private data was wiped securely or that the electronics’ maximum value was extracted—whether that means precious materials were removed or the equipment held more value if resold on the market.
R2 recycling from your and SMS Assembly’s perspectives:
- On your side: Recycling used IT assets responsibly while maximizing recycle or resale value.
- On SMS’s side: Recycling IT assets following strict R2 standards under which we were certified, giving maximum monetary value to our customers and protecting the environment.
Is R2 recycling right for you?
Enterprise, educational institutions, military, and the like have different needs when it comes to managing the amount of e-waste to be recycled and the security measures involved to protect you from sensitive data breaches.
While R2 standards are extremely rigid, we tailor IT asset recycling programs to your unique specifications following three simple steps.
- Email us a list (or even take a picture) of your equipment to [email protected]
- Receive a quote on the value of your used technology
- Ship the requested IT equipment, receive a check, and rest assured your used IT equipment was environmentally and securely recycled
R2 certification is a must for companies who are serious about protecting the environment, ensuring all sensitive data is securely wiped and maximizing used IT assets’ return on investment. Developing R2 recycling industry standards was essential given the sheer amount of e-waste that is disposed of each year, most of which can be reused or recycled for its materials.
You have a choice when it comes to recycling your used IT equipment. Do the right and safe thing. Choose an R2-certified recycler.