Five Noble and Lucrative Reasons to Recycle Electronics
Today it’s second nature to recycle soda cans, plastics, paper, etc…but how many times do you consider recycling electronics? If you recycle aged or end-of-life IT assets, you can save your company money, free up valuable office space, and make it easier to avoid mega problems associated with data privacy.
SMS Assembly can help you recycle electronics and ensure that you get the most benefits (we’re talking money) possible. If money isn’t enough to persuade you, here are a few more reason to recycle electronics:
1. Recycling electronics is a big thumbs-up to customers. To be seen recycling electronics safely and doing what is best for the environment can spark a huge PR boost. Not only will your current customers’ positive view of your company be reinforced, but also potential clients may take note.
2. Recycling old IT assets also makes the most sense for your bottom line. In today’s economic climate, a penny saved is a penny earned. Why just throw away your old electronics when you can get a return? SMS Assembly ensures that you get back the largest amount possible by extracting all precious metals and valuable components.
3. Several states have laws mandating safe electronics recycling, with more states to follow suit. If your company violates recycling laws, you face costly fines and fees, even possible legal action. SMS obeys all rules and regulations to a tee, even going above and beyond to minimize the environmental impact since we’re R2 certified.
4. Security is a big issue when dealing with old electronics. It’s imperative that all drives be completely destroyed during the recycling process. While other companies use formatting techniques that make your files almost completely erased, it is possible to get them back. Then, any and all information that was recovered can be compromised. SMS Assembly uses top-of-the-line Department of Defense data destruction techniques that completely destroy any trace of your data.
5. Finally, why keep old electronics around the office taking up valuable square footage? The cost of office space is skyrocketing, so why fill up vital room with old, outdated equipment? Recycling electronics can free up areas of your office to be used for other, productive equipment.